If you are in need of services or support, contact Operation SafeHouse at 951-351-4418 or 760-343-3211. You can also call the National Human Trafficking Resource Center (NHTRC), operated by Polaris Project (link).
• Call 1-888-373-7888 or text BeFree (233733)
• Toll-free; national in scope; 24-hour capacity
• Non-law enforcement
• Accepts tips about potential trafficking situations; provides urgent and non-urgent referrals for services; provides technical assistance; and disseminates general information and comprehensive anti-trafficking resources.
Services for Survivors
Survivors come to Operation SafeHouse in a variety of ways, including community and faith-based organizations, law enforcement agencies, Good Samaritans, and self referrals. Upon intake, the SafeHouse staff assesses for emergency needs, such as housing, clothing, food, and safety, followed by a comprehensive assessment and legal interview that also address safety.
Operation SafeHouse’s goal is to come alongside survivors as they recover from years of abuse and trauma so they may become self-sufficient, thriving members of our community.
These services include:
• Access to food, shelter and job training
• Intensive case management (information, assistance and legal education)
• Mental health and wellness services (counseling, art therapy, peer support
• Education and life skills training (English as a Second Language, computer and financial literacy)
Resources for Survivors:
Runaway Girl: Escaping Life on the Streets on Helping Hand at a Time By Carissa Phelps, http://carissaphelps.com/book/
Girls Like Us By Rachel Lloyd, http://www.gems-girls.org/get-involved/girlslikeus
Leadership and Training –
My Life, My Choice http://www.fightingexploitation.org/
There are many ways survivors can reach us:
951-351-4418 x 19